16.10.2009

Veronika Fischer Band - Wir fahren mit dem Zug (Edit Honegger Rework)


Its freezing and I am chilling in my bed - kind of ill. Once upon a time there were 3 friends who decided to release bootlegs - mainly from the HipHop-world on Vinyl. The idea was simple - so we formed the Vinyl series Broken Bootlegs. We only released 3 Vinyls and one special edition. The idea came when german ex-rap-star and ex-VIVA-host Scope called me and said that he really likes the Broken Bootlegs stuff. He asked me if I would be interested in releasing some german funk edits - just in the style as Berlin DJ Hype did with his FUNKVERGNÜGEN Mixtape. He also remarked that Hans Nieswandt from Cologne (Ex-Whirlpool Productions / Author and Journalist) has done a nice edit. So it slightly all came together. I asked DJ Hype&Jim Dunloop to contribute a track....they did a rework of Su Kramers "Weisser Sand". Funnily enough - when the Vinyl came out - the recordcompany who owned the rights to the original recordings found out about this record and tried to destroy all of the Vinyl. Luckily - they never found me - but the recordstore who sold it had to pay some serious money....Ouch and sorry:(
Then I also asked Roskow Kretschmann (former member of Jazzanova) to contribute a track....He did a coverversion of Kraftwerks "Model" and he also sung himself...I think it still sounds very cool with a nice retro funk touch. He used his alias of Knister Geschwister for this. Scope and Defcon did a weird Roberto Blanco rework with a massive Funk Break - seriously crazy - they did that under their alias of Primetime Bros. Last but not least - I had to meet with Hans Nieswandt in some hotel in Berlin. He was in Berlin to give interviews and to read from his new book. It was the last track I got. Its a rework of the DDR-Classic from the Veronika Fischer Band - "Wir fahren mit dem Zug". The song meant a lot to Hans cause he said that he is always going by train - as a DJ and as a author - and he really thinks that this song is his anthem....He did that rework under the alias of Edith Honegger in order not to get in trouble:) Well - and because on Saturday I am also going by train I thought I am gonna share this with you...sorry I only found bad quality mp3s on my laptop. If you want the full quality you have to look at Ebay and maybe try to get the Vinyl...it was called: THE GERMAN KRAUT INVASION - REWORKS OF GERMAN FUNK HISTORY.
Veronika Fischer Band - Wir fahren mit dem Zug (Edit Honegger Rework)