03.07.2009

Lorenz Rhode - The Tribute


Too many partys and a lot of Michael Jackson on each of it - which is good cause we all loved him. I have been hearing Michael Jackson tunes everywhere - in the car to Fusion Festival, at Fusion Festival - seeing ARK playing him - and well - he is all over the Berlin Fashionweek for sure. Also Boys Noize dropped Michael Jackson yesterday. Speaking of yesterday - I got to know Staygold (in the backstage with Jesse Rose, D.I.M, Crookers, Boys Noize, Amanda Blank) who also produced a beat on Amanda Blanks upcoming album. And Staygold asked me about Lorenz Rhode cause he just made a nice remix for Staygolds new single to be released on Magnetron Music.....well - and then I kept in mind that Lorenz sent me his Michael Jackson tribute....and since we still dont have one here in our blog here is one from Lorenz Rhode. BTW - its an original Lorenz Rhode production.
This is what he has to say: "Here's a little tribute I made some days ago, an hommage to one of my favourite records ever: 1991's "Dangerous". To me, the combination of hard hitting New Jack Swing beats and melancholic, sometimes dramatic string/pad chords makes for an intense atmosphere unlike anything he's done before or after. Like in "Why you wanna trip on me", "Who is it" or "In the closet", which might just be my favourite MJ song ever."

Lorenz Rhode - The Tribute