09.09.2008

Mom & Dad - Sexmachine (MALENTE Re-Edit)

"James Brown is dead". I once did a tune with Will Styles from Sydney using the vocal sample of this oldschool techno track by a project called LA Style. I was totally in to use the synths too and do a bootleg, but he wanted to do something more breaky / funky. We would have been soooooo ahead of time.

Well anyway, we wasn't. The reason I wanted to do something with the LA Style track had been because I was booked to play the 2006 Good Vibrations Festival Tour in Australia and the headlining act was the amazing Mr. please please himself: "Jaaaayyyms Brouuuwn!" Half a year after the tour he really died.

Also on this tour was a guy called Dave Taylor, who had this "Apache" bootleg and some three remixes out. Yep, Switch. Just recently somebody called him "godfather of fidget house". Well that time nobody knew about the term "fidget" not even Dave himself (back then I asked him how he would call it, but he didn't know...Now 2008 he would).


So Dave, James and me touring 2006. And without us - I dare to say - there would not be any edit this week. Without Mom & Dad though, none of us would be here anyway. Hope you like the fotos from my personal archives. The godfathers and me... Buy their stuff and Mom & Dad's, who's on Bryan Cox's great Crux label

Mom & Dad - Sexmachine (MALENTE Re-Edit)

(yousendit)


myspace.com/mom&dad
myspace.com/willstyles
myspace.com/switch
myspace.com/cruxrecords
myspace.com/bryancox
myspace.com/malente